- 2022-02-19 00:00
Disclosure and Consent to Use Electronic Signatures and Communications
Effective February 19, 2022
THIS DISCLOSURE AND CONSENT FORM CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHICH YOU ARE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE BEFORE YOU AGREE TO ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF COMMUNICATIONS. YOUR CONSENT PERMITS THE GENERAL USE OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR TRUIST ACCOUNTS THAT ARE ACCESSIBLE IN TRUIST'S ONLINE AND MOBILE BANKING PLATFORMS. PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY AND PRINT OR DOWNLOAD A COPY FOR YOUR FILES.
We are required to provide you with certain information "in writing" regarding your accounts. With your consent, we can deliver such information to you quickly and conveniently by displaying or delivering the information to you electronically and requesting that you retain it for your future reference by (a) printing the electronic communication and retaining the printed copy; or (b) downloading the electronic communication and retaining the electronic copy.
As used herein:
- "Account" means your checking, savings, money market, loan, line of credit, mortgage, investment, credit card, debit card or any prepaid card you have or obtain from us, as well as any online product or service offered through our websites in which you have enrolled which is not otherwise governed by a Consent To Use Electronic Signatures And Communications.
- "Online Product or Service" includes, but is not limited to: Bill Payment, Internal and External Transfers and Zelle transactions, Mobile Check Deposit, Text Banking, and other services including future enhancements and services.
- "Communications" means all documents that you obtain from us that are related to your Accounts and Services. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Periodic, annual, monthly or other statements, including any notices related to such statements that we are required or permitted to include with the paper statements;
- Legal Disclosures, customer agreements, notices and other information related to the opening or initiation of an account, product or service including, but not limited to, including the Truist Online and Mobile Banking Service Agreement or other user agreements;
- Terms and conditions and user authorizations, account agreements, fee schedules or other disclosures or notices that may be required by the Truth in Savings Act, Electronic Fund Transfer Act, Truth in Lending Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm Leach Bliley Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act or other applicable federal or state laws and regulations;
- Any notice or disclosure regarding an account, product or service fee, such as a late fee, an overdraft fee, an overlimit fee, a fee for a draft, check or electronic debit returned for any reason, such as insufficient funds fee or a fee as a result of a stop payment order;
- Any notice of the addition of new terms and conditions or the deletion or amendment of existing terms and conditions applicable to accounts, products or services you obtain from us
- Disclosures and notices related to the maintenance or operation of your accounts
- Online bill payments and payment transaction detail and payment authorizations
- Transaction histories, which include notices relating to fees such as overdraft fees and late fees
- Responses to claims and disputes
- Extension and modification agreements,
- Tax Forms including but not limited to W9s and 1099s and tax reports related to an Account or Service, which we are permitted to deliver electronically
- All other communications or information related to your Accounts that we are required to provide in writing in connection with our relationship with you.
- "We," "Us," "Our," "BB&T," "SunTrust," and "Truist," means the Truist entity where your Account is held.
- "You" and "Your" means the person giving this consent.
2. Scope of Consent.
By giving your affirmative consent, you agree that for all of your eligible accounts, products and services, we may electronically deliver all Communications to you and that we may discontinue delivery of Communications by paper. After you consent to the use of electronic signatures and communications, you are still be able to set your preferences to receive certain categories of Communications in electronic format or paper format. Your current preferences for statement delivery will not be changed as a result of this agreement. Setting your Delivery preferences may not be available for all products, accounts or services. We can also use and obtain electronic signatures from you as well as deliver Communications to you electronically for any future transactions, products, or services unless and until you withdraw your consent to use Electronic Signatures and Communications. (See Section 1 above, for a listing of the types of documents, communications, and notices covered within the definition of “Communication.”)
Note: This Disclosure and Consent does not apply to any Communications that we determine are required to deliver to you in paper under applicable law or that we otherwise determine that you should receive in paper rather than electronic form. Such Communications will be mailed to the primary address we have for you in our records.
For more information on communication preference management, please refer to Paperless Preferences section of the Document Center within Online Banking or our mobile application where you access your electronic Communications. If you decide to receive some Communications in paper and some electronically, the Communications that you receive electronically will be governed by this Disclosure. Modifying your delivery preferences does not constitute a withdrawal or modification of your Consent to Use Electronic Signatures and Communications. To withdraw your Consent to Use Electronic Signatures and Communications, see Section 4 below.
3. Method of Electronic Delivery.
All Electronic Communications (including alerts that Communications have been provided or posted) will be sent by one or more of the following methods:
- By email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Such emails may include the Communication as an attachment, notice that your Communication is available in the Truist Online Banking or our mobile application, or as an embedded link to a website that we operate and control.
- By accessing our Online Banking or our mobile application.
- By a notice that is contained within your electronic statement.
- By electronic messaging (such as SMS text or push notifications to your mobile device).
- By accessing a web site that we will designate in the notice we send to you via email or electronic messaging, or that we designate in advance for such purpose.
4. Withdrawing Consent.
In order to withdraw Consent to the Use of Electronic Signatures and Communications, you may:
- Call Truist at 844-4TRUIST (844-487-8478)
Withdrawal of consent may result in a fee or a change in a fee amount for some Accounts. Please refer to your account agreement and account fee schedule for information. We will not charge you a fee for processing the withdrawal of your consent, but your access to, and use of, certain services or account features may be terminated.
5. Requesting Paper Copies.
You can obtain a paper copy of an electronic Communication by printing it yourself from the .pdf provided or by requesting that we mail you a paper copy. We may charge you a reasonable service charge, with prior notice of any such charge, for the delivery of paper copies of any Communication provided to you electronically pursuant to this Disclosure and Consent. To request a paper copy, call Truist at 844-4TRUIST (844-487-8478).
6. Updating Your Contact Information.
You agree to provide us with your accurate personal contact information and to promptly notify us of any changes. You can update your contact information (including your email address and mobile phone number) by contacting us at 844-4TRUIST (844-487-8478). You can also update your contact information through Online Banking and our mobile application.
If you fail to update or change an incorrect or invalid e-mail address or other contact information, you understand and agree that any Communication shall nevertheless be deemed to have been provided to you if it was made available to you in electronic form on our websites, Online Banking, mobile application, or emailed to the email address we have for you in our records, or delivered through other electronic means.
7. Hardware and Software Requirements.
In order to use electronic signatures and Communications you must have access to the following technology:
- A current version (defined below) of an Internet browser, such as Safari, Chrome, or Firefox;
- A connection to the Internet;
- A current version of a program that accurately reads and displays .PDF files; and
- A computer and operating system capable of supporting all of the above. You will also need a printer if you wish to print out and retain communications on paper and electronic storage if you wish to retain communications in electronic form.
By "current version," we mean a version of the software that is currently being supported by its publisher. We reserve the right to discontinue support of a current version of software if, in our sole opinion, it suffers from a security flaw or other flaw that makes it unsuitable for use.
You will also need a working email account to receive, view, sign and print your Communications. To verify that you have all of the necessary hardware and software for you to use Electronic Signatures and receive electronic Communications on your devices, please verify that you were able to read this electronic disclosure and that you also were able to print on paper or electronically save this page for your future reference and access or that you were able to email this document to an address where you are able to print on paper or save it for your future reference and access.
8. Consent to Use Electronic Signatures and Communications.
By consenting to the Use of Electronic Signatures and Communications, you hereby attest and agree that:
- You have read, understand, and agree to this Disclosure and Consent to Use Electronic Signatures and Communications;
- You affirmatively agree to the use Electronic Signatures and Communications as described herein;
- The Electronic Signatures and Communications will have the same legal effect as written and/or signed paper documents; and
- You have the necessary hardware and software to view, save and print copies of Communications and to receive Communications that we send to you by email.
- Your consent to receive Communications electronically does not expire and is effective for the duration of our banking relationship.
- You may change your electronic delivery settings at any time by visiting Online Banking or our mobile application.
- Communications and disclosures provided on or with your periodic statements may contain important information and other legal disclosures concerning your accounts and you agree to review such statements in a timely manner.
9. Retain Copies for Your Records.